St. Joseph Township Building
April 14, 2010
Mike Anderson – Present
Art Rapp – Present
Paul Duitsman – Absent
Michele Guido – Present
Elmer Nicklas – Present
Ginny Bolan – Present
Rick Edwards – Present
Jim Brock – Present
Approval of Minutes
– Motion to approve March minutes
– Motion made and seconded
– Motion approved
– No report available at meeting time. Treasurer’s Report was submitted after the meeting.
– Michele has been in touch with Mark Stites regarding new homeowners and will be providing him with a monthly report on home sales in Crestlake.
– In the month of March, there was one sold.
– She has sent four Welcome to Crestlake letters since January.
– She will check the County Assessor’s website at the end of each month and update Mark Stites and the Board.
– There were several requests in the past month regarding pools, fences and sheds. Rick is taking care of them as they come in and also sending a set of the covenants and village codes to the people making requests.
Ponds and Commons Committee
– Michael Scott attended the meeting regarding the chemical treatment and maintrnance of the ponds. He gave a detailed description of what he will be doing to treat the ponds. He is willing to work within the budget that CHOA has and will be working with Elmer on what needs to be done.
– There was a discussion about the muskrat problem that exists on all ponds. Elmer will be getting some more information and a decision will be made at the next meeting.
– Elmer is working with Ribbe regarding pond remediation.
– There was a complaint about the dandelions on Catalpa Commons causing problems for the surrounding yards. They asked the CHOA to spray, but it was decided it is not in the budget at this time.
– Elmer will be writing a letter to Kevin Franzen regarding the agricultural tires that he uses which caused damage on the commons areas. These tires on not acceptable on the commons areas.
– The aerator will be turned back on in Magnolia pond within the week.
Web and Communications Committee
– Ginny will be putting out a newsletter at the end of the next week. All reports need to be to Ginny with in the next week.
– Mike reported that website traffic is down a little from this time last year. Three more names were added to the mailing list so that brings the total of homes to 168.
– One family requested the list. 51 families have the list.
– There were no calls made to the hotline.
Neighborhood Watch/Social Committee
A Gardening Contest is scheduled for May 22. Still working out details. No applications have been sent in as of meeting time. All events in the future will be subject to participation.
– New Board Member – Ginny is working on someone.
– Revised Rules and Regulations
– Motion to approve by Ginny
– Seconded by Rick
– Revised Rules and Regulations approved
– No new business
Motion to adjourn
– Made by Jim
– Seconded by Rick
– Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Next Board meeting – May 12, 2010
Next Neighborhood Watch meeting – April 22, 2010
Upcoming Village Board meetings
April 27 – Elmer Nicklas
May 11 – Michele Guido
May 25 – Art Rapp