St. Joseph Township Building
November 12, 2009
Call to Order 7:06 p.m.
Jim Brock – present
Mike Anderson – absent
Jaime Kofoot – present
Michele Guido – present
Paul Duitsman – absent
Ginny Bolan – present
Elmer Nicklas – present
Rick Edwards – present
Approval of Minutes
Motion to approve October minutes
Motion made and seconded
– There are still a few checks coming in from dues. There are still about 30 residents that have not paid. Attorney letter is getting ready to go out.
– The Busey Bank account will be closed out in the next week and everything will be with Gifford State Bank.
– Jaime has found a new litigator who is half the price of who we are using now. We will begin using this person.
– There were 4 clearance letters in the last month.
– Michele is continuing to work on the welcome letters. She has decided to hand deliver the next set and see if we can get some involvement that way. It will seem more personal than a letter in the mail.
– Terry Lynch has moved his fence.
– There were nine calls to the hotline and all of them were clearance letter related.
Ponds and Commons Committee
– Remediation on Hawthorne Pond looks great and is complete. Seeding is complete. Glover Pond is complete and seeding looks good.
– There are three or four sump pump drains that need to be looked at closer. It was determined that a letter should to be sent to these residents kindly asking them to take care of it. If it is not taken care of, further action will be necessary.
– Elmer has marked where repairs are needed on Grand and Park Ponds and Ribbe should be starting that soon.
– Aerator is running on Magnolia Pond. Elmer will be shutting it down in November because there is no reason to have it running throughout the winter months.
– Elmer requested about $50 be spent on air gauges and supplies to monitor the aerator. Board approves Elmer doing this.
– It has also been noticed that there are no signs on Magnolia Pond stating the rules of the pond as far as fishing, ice skating, swimming, etc. Elmer will find out where to get the signs and it will be taken care of immediately.
– Elmer is also proposing $3,500 in next year’s budget for weed control. Michael Scott has given an estimate and Elmer feels he is reliable.
Web and Communications Committee
– There are now 158 people on the mailing list for the newsletter.
– Halloween pictures have been added to the website.
– Three women signed up at the Halloween parade. There are now 43 families that have the list.
– The Halloween Parade was a success. There were about 100-125 people there. The children all had fun and adults, too. The popcorn was a huge success.
Neighborhood Watch Committee
– Neighborhood Watch is continuing to work diligently to get more involvement. The map has been revised in order to possibly bring in more people.
– There will be a Holiday Party/Meeting at La Luna Café to try and bring in more people. The time will be a little later in hopes to also bring in more people.
– Jaime will be getting with everyone to plan the budget meeting before the annual meeting.
– Ginny will check on a reservation for Prince of Peace for the annual meeting.
– Ginny is wondering if we need to take a closer look and revise the Roles and Responsibilities chart that we have.
Motion to adjourn by Rick
Seconded by Ginny
Meeting adjourned at 8:34 p.m.
Next Crestlake Board Meeting – Dec. 10, 2009
Neighborhood Watch Meeting – Nov. 19, 2009
Upcoming Village Board Meetings
Nov. 24, 2009 – Jaime Kofoot
Dec. 8, 2009 – Mike Anderson