St. Joseph Township Meeting
September 8, 2010
Call to Order at 7:00 p.m.
Mike Anderson – Present
Art Rapp – Present
Paul Duitsman – Present
Michele Guido – Present
Jim Brock – Present
Elmer Nicklas – Present
Ginny Bolan – Absent
Rick Edwards – Absent
No guests present
Approval of Minutes
– Motion to approve
– Motion seconded and Minutes approved
– All bills are paid and everything is up to date.
– As for 2010 dues there are about 32 homes that are not paid.
– The second notice when out with the $25 late fee. The third notice will go out with payment due no later than October 1 or legal action will be taken.
– There were home sales during August. The welcome letters were sent out for June, July, and August. Next mailing will be September, October, and November.
– There was one fence request that was approved.
Ponds and Commons Committee
– Invoiced received from Ribbe regarding Grand and Park ponds. He will do the seeding when the weather permits.
– Request made to Burns and Clancy for the final bill. Should receive in a few days.
Web and Communications Committee
– Mike has added a Child safety event banner to the website. He will send out an email to remind and correct the times of the event.
– The Neighborhood Watch page needs to be updated. Jim volunteered to read through the information and make any needed changes.
– 176 people now receive the newsletter.
– One family requested the list. 55 families have the list. Mike and Michele are going to work on a plan in order to update the list.
– There were five calls to the hotline. All were dues related.
Neighborhood Watch/Social Committee
– The Child Safety Event is ready to go. Hoping to be even more successful than last year. Planning of the Halloween Parade will be next.
– Rick has found a resident willing to take a board position and also take over Web and Communications. Elmer also has found a resident that is willing to take his position and take the Ponds and Commons Committee. This was very welcome news to the board.
– Paul brought up the idea of changing the board from nine members to seven members in order to try and have a full board. This is something that will be discussed and possibly passed at the January annual meeting.
Motion to adjourn
– Made by Paul, seconded by Elmer
– Meeting adjourned 8:01 p.m.