Woodard’s Crestlake Homeowners’ Association Members
July 15, 2007
We are sending this letter to update you on the activities of the Woodard’s Crestlake Homeowners’ Association. Quite a few things have happened since the last letter you received in May.
- A general membership meeting took place on May 31, 2007 at the St. Joseph Middle School. Based on that meeting and the returned surveys from the May letter, a new Board of Directors was elected. They will serve as an interim board until the annual membership meeting December 2007 when a more permanent election will take place.
- The new Board of Directors members are:
- Jim Brock – Sergeant at Arms
- Rick Edwards
- Cindy Ferry
- Angie Foster – Vice-President
- Jaime Kofoot – Secretary
- Jim Page – President
- Steve Quick
- Sandi Schopp – Treasurer
- Phyllis Williams
- A newly updated set of by-laws was adopted at the Board of Directors meeting on June 13th. These bylaws are available on our new website.
- The association was re-incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation.
- The Association has obtained $1,000,000 in liability insurance coverage through State Farm Insurance.
- A web page has been established at www.crestlake.org. The Board of Directors has determined that the web page will be the primary means for communicating with and among the entire membership. This page allows for the members to:
- volunteer to assist on committees and communicate by email with the Board of Directors
- sign up for email updates of the Associations’ activities
- locate and view copies of all of the restrictions and covenants that govern the use of your property and the common areas, as well as the new by-laws
- exchange information about babysitters, lawn services, etc.
- submit suggestions to the Association
- view notices of meetings (to which all Association members are invited)
- link to other St. Joseph activities and entities (city, schools, etc.)
- locate a calendar of events
- provide Frequently Asked Questions about the Association
- A Woodard’s Crestlake Homeowners’ Association telephone number has been set up – 217-353-LAKE (5253). It is a voice mailbox that gets forwarded to the president and vice-president for response.
- A Woodard’s Crestlake Homeowners’ Association mailbox has been established as PO Box 352, St. Joseph, Illinois 61873.
- At the general membership meeting on May 31st, the annual assessment was raised from $120 to $150 and the collection dates were changed from January to August. These dues will be administered through the RSM McGladrey, Inc. Accounting Firm. Your invoice for the 2007 dues is attached to this letter. The payments are due within 30 days to the address on the invoice.
As you can see, the Association has been very busy. We want to emphasize how important it is to have as much participation as possible. The Association is critical to our property values and quality of life in the neighborhood. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any Board member and please visit the website and any of the monthly Board meetings!
The Woodard’s Crestlake Homeowners’ Association Board of Directors