St. Joseph Township Building
July 14, 2010
Call to Order at 7:02 p.m.
Mike Anderson – Present
Art Rapp – Absent
Paul Duitsman – Absent
Michele Guido – Present
Ginny Bolan – Present
Elmer Nicklas – Present
Rick Edwards – Present
Jim Brock – Present
No guests present
Approval of Minutes
– Motion to approve June minutes
– Motion seconded and approved
– Paul was not present but sent his report via email. Treasurer’s Report was reviewed.
– A new accountant has been hired. Puzey and Wright in Ogden will now be handling CHOA business.
– There are about 128 2010 dues not paid.
– There were three homes sold during June.
– Michele asked that she go through the home sales and send out Welcome to Crestlake letters every two months. She feels that there is a possibility that the letters are getting to the sellers before the buyers move in. Board agreed and welcome letters will go out every two months.
– Nothing to report
Ponds and Commons Committee
– Elmer spoke with Ribbe about completing the project as soon as possible. He is planning on lowering the gabion mattress on Glover Pond Saturday and then will go to the Grand Pond repair.
– Elmer spoke with Michael Scott regarding the algae problem. The chemicals are not killing the algae. Mr. Scott has taken pictures and also sent water samples to the chemical company lab. He is still awaiting results.
Web and Communications Committee
– The hard copy newsletter will be mailed to all property owners in July.
– There is a new Lost and Found section in the forum on the website.
– The traffic on the website is about the same as last year.
– There are 175 residents that receive the newsletter via email.
– Mike Anderson is looking for a new webmaster – someone that is willing to work with him and learn the website and take over the job of webmaster.
– There are 53 families that have the list.
– There were two calls during June. Both calls were in regards to home sales and titles.
– There was a vehicle break in on Grand Ave. No other details were available.
– The Child Safety Event and Halloween Parade are both in the works.
– New board member – The search is still on for a board member. Elmer has spoken to 12 people about the position and has gotten nowhere. Other board members are diligently searching and getting the same response. The board is very concerned about the future of CHOA if people will not start volunteering.
– The trapping of the muskrats is complete but if residents see any they need to report it.
– Resident’s complaint – Regarding the complaint last month about another homeowner, Mike emailed the complainant giving them all the avenues needed to take care of the complaint.
– Motion to adjourn by Ginny
– Seconded by Michele
– Meeting adjourned 8:10 p.m.