Board Meeting Minutes
St. Joseph Township Building
October 13, 2010
Mike Anderson – Present
Art Rapp – Present
Paul Duitsman – Present
Michele Guido – Present
Rick Edwards – Present
Ginny Bolan – Present
Jim Brock – Present
Elmer Nicklas – Present
– There is still about $3,000 in unpaid dues.
– About 11 letters to be sent out from attorney. A few hardship cases.
– It looks like we are going to come in under budget for the 2010 year according to records to date.
– There were two home sales in the month of September.
– One call regarding a deck replacement.
Ponds and Commons Committee
– All work is complete on the Ponds Remediation Project #2.
– Michael Scott has gotten the results on the algae in Magnolia this year and it is a super strain of algae caused by the weather this year. He is going to make a treatment at his expense to help him to figure out what is going on.
Web and Communications Committee
– Pictures have been added of the Child Safety Event and a banner for the Halloween Parade on the website.
– Three more people have signed up for newsletter. There are now 179 subscriptions to the newsletter.
– A newsletter will be going out at the end of next week before the Halloween Parade.
– Two more requests for the list. 57 families have now received the list.
– Two calls during September. One was a lost dog. The other was a call about dues.
Neighborhood Watch/Social Committee
– The Child Safety event was held in September. There was not the turnout of last year but all went well. There were some new faces as far as volunteers.
– The Halloween Parade and Festivities is coming up with a meeting next week to finalize plans.
– Turned in receipt to Paul for a reimbursement for expenses of candy.
– The school fishing trip that was allowed was a huge success and the children had a great time.
– There will be no reduction in the number of board members at this time.
– There is discussion of having no board meeting in December. Instead hold a budget planning meeting to discuss and plan the 2011 budget prior to the annual January meeting. This will be decided at the November meeting.
Motion to adjourn
– Made by Jim and seconded by Ginny
– Meeting adjourned 8:01 p.m.