CRESTLAKE HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
St. Joseph Township Building
September 10, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:04 p.m.
Jim Brock – present
Michele Guido – absent
Cindy Ferry – absent
Mike Anderson – present
Ginny Bolan – present
Jaime Kofoot – present
Elmer Nicklas – present
Paul Duitsman – present
Rick Edwards – absent
Approval of Minutes
August minutes submitted. Motion to approve by Mike Anderson. Seconded by Paul Duitsman. Minutes were approved unanimously.
– The budget spreadsheet format has been corrected since the August meeting. The totals will now be computed by the program to provide more accurate information.
– Accountant Update: Mark Stites of Associated Professional Service has been hired as the new accountant for CHOA. His fees are significantly better than McGladrey and he has experience working with non-profits. Jamie will introduce him to the accounting needs of CHOA on a gradual basis.
– None. The Secretary was absent from the meeting.
– The residents at 504 Hawthorne have put up a fence that may be on the Commons area and outside their property boundaries. This needs to be investigated further.
– A complaint was received about a home on Locust that has a pool pump that makes a loud high pitched noise.
– There were five calls last month – four were dues related and one was related to algae on a pond.
Ponds and Commons Committee
– Elmer plans to attend a pond management seminar on Sept. 22.
– He reported that on Sept. 11, he will put 250 Bluegill in the large Hawthorne Pond based on the recommendation of Mike Garthaus of the Dept. of Natural Resources in Gibson City.
– Mike Garthaus also told Elmer that the Curly Leaf Pond Weed should be treated in the Spring with Sonar rather than how it is currently being done by Marine Biochemists. Elmer read an article by Dave Shively (U of I Extension) about the proper way to deal with algae on the ponds. Again, this is not how Marine Biochemists is dealing with the algae on the ponds. Elmer is trying to locate a local company to take over the maintenance of the Crestlake ponds.
As of this date, the repair of the ponds has not started. The loan has been secured and the work should begin soon. Elmer is expects to receive bids from Bud Allen’s Electrical, Lynch SE Electric and MX Electric to put in the electrical power for the water aerator on Magnolia Pond.
Web and Communications Committee
– August was the busiest month for the Crestlake website.
– There are now 156 people registered for the newsletter.
– Mike has added a page for Neighborhood Watch on the Crestlake website.
– No newsletter was published in August.
– Jim Brock reported that a request has been made for there to be a place on the website for people who are looking for employment. Mike indicated that there is already the ability to post employment opportunities and people looking for employment in the Forum on the website.
Two families requested the babysitters list last month. There are now 41 families who have requested the list.
– The Neighborhood Watch Committee will host a Child Safety Event Sept. 13 from 2 – 4 p.m. in Crestwood Park. Information on Child Safety and on the Crestlake Neighborhood Watch program will be available to participants. The St. Joseph Fire Dept., Pro Ambulance, F.E. Moran Security and Champaign County Sheriff’s Dept. have been requested to attend. St. Joseph IGA is also making a donation.
None to report.
CHOA Board members are required to attend at least 75% of the Board meetings according to Article 4, Section 8 of the CHOA By-Laws. Cindy Ferry has missed more than the required 75% of scheduled meetings. She will be contacted by one of the Board members about this.
Next meeting will be on Oct. 8, 2009.
The next Neighborhood watch meeting will be on October 15, 2009.
Motion to adjourn the meeting by Mike Anderson. Seconded by Paul Duitsman. The meeting was adjourned at 8:06 p.m.